Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Monday, January 5, 2015

Santa Lucia...Week 13

Hey fam!
So I just got done reading the letter, and what you got for christmas!! WOW Im super jealous ! We better be going when I get back ha!! But thats sweet and hope you guys have a great trip!! That will be super fun with Ryan and his family, and ours cuz there pretty great!
'Anyways I got a suprise also like 4 days ago, and its a new companion. What the suprise is....is that he's not actually from the United States. Yup, he"s from Santiago, Chile! Pretty cool huh! I told him my dad served there, and his dad actually served in a different part of Chile but he's like the same age! But his name is Elder Cavieres. He's 20 and has 6 months in the mission! And SUPER SHORT ha! I got like a foot on him. And dad you are right Chileans talk super fast, half the time I dont even know what he's taking about!  The language is difficult but coming slowly. I've definelty had to use it more cuz my comp speaks no english. 
   But other than that things are going pretty good!
 
This week weve found 2 new investigators!! Thanks for praying I know that God answers prayers!!
1 of the investigators her name is Silvia, she's like 55 ish and in a casa de salud. She's looking pretty solid for baptism, the only thing holding her back is that she has a hard time coming to church because of her health and its also hard cuz not a lot of member here have cars. Everyone walks. So she wasnt able to make it this week but hopefully next!!
But we've been doing a lot of walking and street contacting.
I know that God answers prayers and that he is always there right with us, because of the work that I have seen so far! I have also learned a lot through scripture study, missionaries, and missionary work! I've also come to more realize that I am a representative of Jesus Chirst, and I'm trying my hardest as if he was there with me physically! This is the true church!!
I hope you guys have a great week, and alll goes well! Nos vemos!
-Les Quiero Elder Schenk                              

 

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome representative of the Lord! Sorry about those aching feet!

    ReplyDelete