Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Happy New Year... Week 12

                                                                                                                 Dec. 30, 2014

Hey!
 It was super good to talk to you guys on the phone, even though it felt like we were only talking for 1 minute. And holy cow... just in a few months Jaxon looks bigger and Taylee, Cali, and Parley!!
I really liked the pictures!  And is that logans house?  I didnt really reconize it ha!
 This week has been pretty good, and kinda slow! Although there's been some changes and I'm getting a new companion. Its already been changes again and I heard I'm getting a companion from Washington, and his dad is from Peru. So he speaks perfect english and spanish ha...just what I need!!   Tomorrow we travel to Montevideo for changes so I'll get to meet him tomorrow.
 
The last few days have been kinda slow cuz my companion needed to go see people from this area before he leaves. So right now if you can just pray for me and the comp to just find people to teach that would be nice! Thanks!  Hopefully we get things going how it was!! Baptizing was awesome!!

So yeah its super hot here and humid! Cant wait for winter! haha   I'm the darkest I've ever been, and also the whitest ha!    The people here think I'm from somewhere in South America....until I start talking hah!   Ohh well, I think its pretty funny!
Oh yeah,  I forgot to ask you guys what ya got for christmas!
I hope you guys have a great week and new year!!
Oh yeah sorry I was a day late emailing, I was told like 2 days ago that our pday was going to be on a tuesday this week, but just for once. And thanks for the pin number I' try it out after this! Thanks
Les Quiero Elder Schenk





Dear family,
It was so great to talk to Canon on Christmas day. He is doing great and said he's not homesick. Kinda surprised me but that is awesome that he has adjusted so well. He is serving in Santa Lucia, and there is about 20,000 people. So kind of a smaller area with alot of farm land that surround the town. Canon said they walk alot and it is very hot and humid...so with all the humidity, his feet has some pretty good blisters on them. (His feet didn't look very good before he left, so I can't imagine what they look like now. haha)

They live in an apartment that is for 4 Elders, but just him and his companion live there.
The members feed them 3 times a week, so they are on their own for the rest of the week. Christmas morning his companion cooked them french toast, so that was pretty awesome! He has really enjoyed his companion Elder Morris and he has taught him a lot.
One thing I gave Canon for Christmas was a photo book with pics and inspirational sayings. He told us thank you for his Christmas and said, "I didn't get my personal study done this morning, because I was looking through the photo book."
I asked Canon if there was anything we could do for him and he said, "Could the family pray for them to find some people to teach." This is an area that they were going to shut down, but decided to give it one more try. He said they walk for miles, just for appointments to fall through. I told Canon that we would pray for that specific thing. So if any of you would like to join us, that would be
awesome.
We had a wonderful trip in Brazil. It was not the kind of vacation trip that most go on, but a very heartwarming and spirtitual trip.   It was the best trip that Steven and I have ever had as we were so close to the spirit.  We are grateful we could return to Britten's mission in Brazil.
We love you all, and hope you have a Wonderful, Happy New Year!
-Steven & Karla
                        

No comments:

Post a Comment