Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Monday, December 1, 2014

1st Baptism!

                                                                                                                                  Dec. 1, 2014
 
Hey fam!!
 
So this week has been pretty great!! I had my first baptism Saturday and it was the best experience!! His name is Fabricio and he's 14! The kid is going to be great!  The reason I say that is because after the baptism he said to me and my comp, "I wanna go teaching with you guys tomorrow night!"
haha, So you know it, Fabricio came proselitying and teaching charlas (lessons) with us Sunday from 3 to 8. When he came with us he probably talked and taught more than I did, ha!   The kid is a true convert! After we dropped him off he said,  "see ya tomorrow" haha!!  I can totally see him going on a mission when he gets older!!
So this week I have been so exhausted! We walk so much every day, and Im just really tired!
I live at this little house thing, but its decently nice so thats good. And the food here is mostly like soup, bread, meat, pizza!   I miss the food at the mtc soo bad! Im not eating near as much ha! I gained 11 pounds at the ccm but I think its coming off now.
The people here are genuinly nice, but there's many that hate us! Like last tuesday me and the comp walked by this group of teenagers and they talked bad on us, then as were kept walking a golf ball sized rock drilled me in the back!! WOW my adrenaline kicked in and hesitated on going back.
 But I thought it would be best if I kept walking! Next time though they better watch it! Woke up with a good bruise though! So thats like the interesting story of the week!
We have another baptism lined up this saturday with a girl thats 10 and her name is Belen.  Her is a member so this is like a for sure baptism!  Me and the comp are also teaching a few other people that are interested so hopefully it all works out!!
My comp is pretty cool and we get along pretty well! He's a little different but its all good!! I think i'll be in Santa Lucia for 4 months!
Oh and for christmas they said we would only have 40 minutes to skype, so Im not sure how long well get to talk on the phone. Let me know next week.
Ha, I cant believe you guys are going to Brazil this week that will be awesome!! Also I hope Britts doing better and Jaxons surgury went alright! Hopefully you guys all doing well! Cant wait to hear from you guys next week!
Que pasa bien, les amo Elder Schenk

No comments:

Post a Comment