Hey family!!
haha It feels like I havent talked to ya for awhile huh!!
Its been a really long week and a half!! But hey, Im here in Uruguay safe and sound!! My mission president and wife are super awesome and I love them!! My companion is Elder Morris from Las Vegas!! He's been out for a year and a half so he knows everything and his spanish is amazing!! And then theres mine haha..still trying to work on it and yes it does wear down my brain trying to pick up everything, then talk!!
So right now I'm in my first area called Santa Lucia!! Its about 2 hours out of Montevideo. But something cool about this mission is that before I came, the missionaries before in the area didnt have any success and told president they need to shut down the area!! President had a feeling that it wasnt time yet! So anyways Elder Morris told president to give him a missionary that wants to work and thats all he needs. So anyways I got put with him and told ELder Morris that I'm ready to work and so far weve seen some pretty cool miracles! We have 2 baptisms lined up for this week and 2 for the next week so its awesome!! As me and Morris were riding the bus to start the mission he said." you know what Elder Schenk, i love rainy days, because there miracle days"!! 2 days ago it was pouring rain and we decided to have a good attitude and press on! That day we ended up finding a mom and her two kids and she wanted them to get baptized!! One of the sweet contacts we have right now is a kid named Fabricio who is 14!! The people here are really nice, but then of course theres some not so nice!!
But one thing that I have realized is how grateful I am for everything I have!! I have been very humbled by what I've seen and experienced!! For example most houses are little concrete with cloths for ceilings and weird stuff!! Also that kid named fabricio that I was telling you about has gone 2 days without eating anything so me and the comp got him some food!!
So anyways the mission so far is going pretty good!! I cant wait for more experiences!!
I feel so bad for Britten, the guy doesnt need anything more thrown at him!! I pray for him and you guys everyday!! Hopefuly things get better! I cant imagine what he's gone through!! And I hope you guys all had a great week and the next one to come!! Also thanks so much for the birthday present! haha I had a parade with the Elders in my room at the CCM! Also I feel way bad about all the contacts that you bought for me cuz whenever i wear them they burn my eyes. I think its the crappy air here, so Ive had to just wear glasses or nothing!! ITs all good though I just feel bad we got all those!! Hope you all have a good week!!
Les Amo, Elder Schenk
No comments:
Post a Comment