Hey family!
So this week has been the best one yet!! Ive had by far the best experiences ever and my week has been great!!
Once again the only interesting part was proselitying Saturday!! Me and the comp were super excited and were going to do our best this week!! It started to rain when we went out there, so we thought we weren't gonna have much luck. But some of the coolest things happened!!
Before we went out me and my comp read D&C 100:5-8 it talks about having the Holy Spirit with you and missionary work!! When we were out we found a park and decided to go there.. When we went, there were a lot of people just sitting around so me and the comp went around sitting next to people! The first person we went, we to gave them book of mormon and taught a lesson and got him as a referral! The spirit was way strong when we taught and my spanish was flowing really well.
I knew the spirit was there cause I was saying things that I didn't really know what I was saying, but it made sense to them!!
I know its not about numbers but when we returned to the CCM me and the comp had the most out of the whole CCM!!
The numbers were really cool, but what is really important is the peoples souls and bringing them unto Christ!!
At the park we honestly went from person to person talking and getting to know them, then sharing a message about our church!! About 90% of the people we talked to were catholic, and I was thinking that they wouldn't want to hear about our church, but they kept asking questions and were really interested!!
There was a lady smoking on a bench and as we were walking I had a feeling that we needed to go talk to her! We then turned around went and talked to her not knowing what she was going to say. The first thing she said was, "how can I become happy like you guys!" That really shocked me at first and so we taught her the background of our church just very simple, and then we talked to her about smoking and some of the problems she has. And I will never forget what she said. She said, I want to be happy and if stop smoking is what it takes then I will do that! She committed to stop smoking and wanted to be taught from missionaries.. so that was a coool experience!! There were just so many little things that happened that touched me!! I know that this is the true church, and that god works in mysterious ways!!!
haha, now a little funny story....We ran into these girls that were around 17ish like 3 of them and we talked to them a little.
As we finished up they tried giving us a kiss! Good thing I have cat like reflexes and got outta the way..haha !! I explained to her that as missionaries we cant do any of that ha!!
So this week has been pretty solid! My testimony has grown and the language is coming along slowly! The hardest thing to do is being able to conjugate words and make sentences ha! We get new missionaries at the CCM today so there were be around 100 missionaries total, and the food is really good, there only been 1 meal that I haven't really liked ha!!
Super glad everyone is doing well! haha sounds like you had a great time at halloween! Oh the the halloween gifts you guys got me I still haven't opened úp because they keep our suitcases in a storage and will only let you get in there once in a while so ill get it hopefully today..but thanks so much for everything!! I hope you have a great week and I love getting your emails!! Congrats jaxon on the sports keep ballin bro! Love you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment