Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Hola! Week 5

                                                                                                                   Nov. 13, 2014
Hey family,
 Sorry you havent gotten a email till now. Today we got to go to the mission home in Buenos Aires because President Russll M Nelson came!! I got to shake his hand and then we listened to him and his wife talk for awhile!! It was super cool to be able to shake an apostles hand them hear him talk! haha He is a funny guy and wasnt expecting him making us all laugh so hard. I think its just because we dont see that side from them very often! So today has been a great day, and not only day but week!! This week has been amazing!!
Me and my companion had the opportunity to go proselyting again saturday and my experiences only got better!! haha  Me and my comp are now called the Proselyting Kings!! We killed it again out there and loved it!! We got 35 contacts, 14, refreneces, and best of all 1 babtism commitment!!
 We had a lot of sucess at the train station and later we went to another park, because they put us in a different area so we had to find other places to go to!! So we were just finsihing up proselyting when we were walking out of this park and there was a guy sitting by himself chillin! We decided to go talk to him cause we had like 5 mintues left! As we talked to him he got really interested and asked a lot of questions, not really sure I understood most of them, haha but I tried my best and taught him a lesson! ha so we taught as missionaries even after the first lesson we teach were supposed to invite them to baptism..I had no idea. Anyways after we had taught him about Parts of the Restoration, The Gospel of Jesus Chirst I felt like I should ask him to be baptized so I did. I asked him, will you follow the example of Jesus Chirst and be baptized? I was totally expecting a no, but he said yes I want to!! The spirit was very powerful and I knew he was feeling the spirit. I then asked him after, are you feeling something different?
He said Yes, and I explained to him that it was the Espiritu Santo y despues baptism we receive the Holy Ghost!!
That experience made like my whole week!! and I was super happy. I hope I hear back from him or even some of the other refurrals if any of them got baptized!!
I have also realized how missionary work is so important...even if one of the people we taught gets baptized, the number of people Ive effected is amazing. Ive really enjoyed just walking around and teaching people its pretty sweet! And I cant believe that I leave next tuesday for the actual field!! Little nervous but very excited to get out of the CCM and helping people!! I think I email again tuesday just a short message letting ya know I got to Uruguay!!
Anyways my soccer has improved a lot haha!! And I think I might have broke my finger playing basketball haha..jk I think its just jammed!! Hopefully!! And the language is about the same...kinda weird but its like Ive hit a mark where its kinda stalled.
Guess I need to talk to the latinos more ha!! Oh yeah I guess its my birthday tomorow so I get to see what you got me, so thanks!!
I hope yall doing good and eveything goes well! Thanks for the letters!! Ill talk to ya later!! Thanks for everything!! Despues hoy cinco mas dias!! Le amo
Love, Elder Schenk

No comments:

Post a Comment