Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Week 3 Familia!!

Hola!!
So this week has been pretty good..not much has happened though! haha
The only interesting party of this week was proselyting saturday! Holy cow it was crazy! And a lot harder than I thought! So a bus came and picked us up at the CCM at around 1130 and took us to a place called Monte Grande! When the bus dropped us off, just me and my companion... REAL LIFE hit me ha! We started walking and everybody had their shirts off, smoking, weird things...just used to good ole Logan Utah haha! So we finally got a little more comfortable and attempted to talk to people, soon realizing that they were talking in a different language! After a little while me and my companion ran into a kid named Jose Fernando something something, ha but we talked to him for about 5 min just becoming friends with him when his mom came and pulled him into the house because it was there Siesta time! So we asked if we could talk to him more about our church this coming saturday. So hopefully things work out! Jose was 19 years old and he was pretty much our only referral the 5 hours we were out! It was pretty mad! It seemed like everyone was in a rush to go somewhere plus there was a big soccer game on, like barcelona vs I dont know, so it was kinda hard to talk to people!
Then me and my companion kinda got lost...okay REALLY lost, so for like an hour and a half we were just scrambling trying to find out way back to this little spot where we had to meet the bus! When we finally got back to the bus stop I was pretty frustrated cuz we hardly got to talk to anyone, got lost, and continuously walking in 100 degree weather! haha
There are some many dogs here and they scared the crap out of me and my companion while we were proselyting! We were in some rough areas, but also some decent areas... There so much to get used to!!!
But as I was thinking about it... I think it was a good experience for me and my companion! Plus, I was very humbled by missionary work! Were always going to be tested, but its how we react to our trials that's either going to make us stronger or weaker! As I was thinking about this, I decided to have a good attitude and we will go back saturday much stronger!!
Sorry not a lot has happened, its been kinda slow here at the CCM... Im just anxious to get outta here.. ha!
So one more thing. We are going to the temple today, and on temple day they bring around names for each missionary to do.
This was the name I got haha! Maybe grandpa Glenn might know!
 
Glad the aggies are doing good, but sounds like Britten might have to step in as the next QB if we loose another one haha!
Im glad your doing good mom, and hopefully all goes well! Ya'll have a good Halloween!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment