Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Week 2

                                                                                                      Oct. 23, 2014
Hey family,                                                                              
Last thursday night about 9 oclock me and my companion were walking back into our room from class and one of the elders name Elder Guiterrez was just in tears with 3 other latinos around him! Through translation we found out that he got a phone call saying that his mom was very sick in the hospital and didnt know if she would make it! I felt so bad for him because it reminded me of Brittens accident! I put my arm around him and just bore my testimony. I dont know why. But the reason Im telling you this story is that we had a big group prayer and blessing with the entire CCM and the spirit was just amazing!
That night I got on my knees and just begged that he could have peace and comfort because he was super shaken up in tears all night! The power of prayer and priestood is amazing! That next morning he was smiling and a different person!
Monday we got to go to the temple and it was an awesome experience because we went with all the missionaries and Elder Guiterrrez was going in for the first time! After we got out of the temple I saw him and he came up and gave me a hug! It was cool!
This week I have learned a lot about prayer! I was struggling with the spanish and was feeling like I really was'nt progressing at all! So I prayed with real intent multiple times asking for help with the language! Starting tuesday Ive been able to pick up most things that people say! Today we go to walk around the CCM grounds and talk to people to get some experience and I was supers nervous. As we started talking to people words came out of my mouth and it was awesome...its not like I was fluent or anything! But the gift of tongues is real and its a little at a time!
Me and my companion were excited about things after that especially that we get to go proselyting saturday for the first time!! But I have learned to believe and to trust in god that he will bless you with what you desire only if your putting in all you can and doing whats right!! Yesterday I was reading in Omni 1:25 and it talks about believing in God and so that is what I need to make sure im doing! Our district has also been doing what we call a "English Fast" which means we go a couple days without speaking any english which has helped me out!
Oh yeah Jaxon, I have something for you to do bro! I would like you to read the testimony of the 3, 8 witnesses and also the testimony of Joseph Smith right before the Book of Mormon! They had us read it here and it just gives you a sure confirmation that this church is true!!
The CCM just gets better and better, by getting to know more and more people! Trying to talk to these natives even though they speak soo fast, haha but I love it! So I was putting on one of my pants and noticed that I kinda had to suck in to put on the button! Today we get to go to the temple again cuz it p-day so Im pumped for that!!
Argentina Temple
Last sunday it was mothers day down here in Argentina so MOM I would like to give you a shoutout and say Happy Mothers Day. I love you so much and hope your surgury went alright and you get better!! Im grateful for such a great family that I have!! It still feels weird that Im out here but its sure awesome! I hope all goes well and I cant wait to hear from you guys next week!
 Love,
Yo say que el evangelio de jesucristo es verdad y el libro de mormom
Yo say que dios y jesucristo vive           
Yo say que las familias son eternal
En el nombre de jesucristo amen.
Love,
 Elder Schenk
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment