Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Week 1

Hola familia!!
So things are pretty great, not gonna lie! I feel very blessed altough Im kinda struggling with the language! I have come a ways since the first day I got here though! Im kinda getting sick of the CCM (MTC) just being trapped in here all day ha, but the people
I LOVE so much. Especially the latinos! They bring a different spirit into the CCM that just brings a lot of happines.  Every night they invite me and my campainon for a prayer and last night I said it in spanish ha! haha short and sweet!  But I have learned a lot from the latino's like.... how grateful I should be for things! The way they act, say prayers, testimony....
You would think they have everything, but with the little they have, they are very grateful!    Im definetly going to miss them and the other companions.
So my companion is Elder Burgess from Vancouver Canada and is 21 years old.  Hes a funny kid and loves to beat box! haha
I am loving the food! I think I might be getting bigger for the first time in my life.
I just feel so blessed with what I have because I get to take like a shower in the morning and night, and when I hear about Teancums letters and others they dont have much!
Sunday we had sacranment meeting which was one of the best meeting Ive been too! It was on the Restoration of the Gospel and I felt the spirit so strong! One of the talks the person speaking said, "our church isnt all about knowledge, it more about how you feel, and that is what the difference between our church and anybodys elses!"
So everyday we have classes like all day long, and me and my companion have to teach lessons in spanish which is very hard becuase there is so much I want to say but dont know how to say it. But hey, its only been 1 week so I have faith that I can do this!
Im so glad to hear you guys are doing good and glad the aggies are rolling! I miss you guys so much a lot more than I thought I would! Thanks mom for the many treats you packed for me haha, a snack between classes is the best! Ohh yeah next thursday we get to go to the temple for the first time, and we get to go proselyting next saturday! haha
That will be a blast, even if I cant speak very well, I atleast get to show my happiness to other people!
I hope you all have a good week!
Love Elder Schenk

1 comment:

  1. Elder Schenk!! You letter was so awesome it truly touched my heart!! What a great example you are to so many. You will touch the hearts of so many with your sweet spirit and smiling face. Love you lots!

    Love Y Schenk

    ReplyDelete