Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Monday, February 2, 2015

Week 17

                                                                                                                               February 2, 2015
Hey family!
So its been a rough week :( my nose has really been bothering me and if im luckly I've been able to leave the house for only 2 hours a day!! I just feel so frustrated and have no help. I called the mission doctor and told him and all he said is to get back into the same doctor. But that guy doesnt know much and the doctors here are lame.  Its just gettting worse.

Now with my investigators... Silvia has been in the hospital this entire week so she wasnt able to come to church and had no contact with her so thats been hard!! Were still hoping for her baptism the 14!   And Eduardo is doing awesome still!! He came to church this week and we've had lessons with him everyday!  One day this week when we had a lesson, he showed us his phone with the Montevideo temple on the background!!  His baptism has been pushed back to the 14th, because of how busy he is with work! So things are still looking awesome with him!!
And thats about it for our uppdates with people cuz we have'nt been able to work a lot. But one thing that I have come a lot closer to is, The Book of Mormon!!   I love reading the BOM in spanish!! Whenever I come across a word I dont know, I just get the dictionary and search it.  I  have pages of random words! But Through reading it in spanish it really keeps me focused on what I'm reading and not just buzzing through it, and feel like my testimony has grown through that!!.  I'ts also helping my Spanish so win win!
Scripture Power
Talking of the scriptures, it reminds me of when a member of the 12 came and talked to us. He said,  "I want all of you Americans to learn spanish, and I want all of the Latinos to learn english. But MOST importantly.... I want you guys to learn the lords language...THE SCRIPTURES!!
 So keep up reading the scriptures because they really are amazing and the word of god!!



Me and the comp are doing ma or menos ha I think after the 4th week, you get sick of each other. But things are still really good!!



Well thats it for this week sorry kinda boring ha! But sounds like a good week for Jaxon with bball!! And keep it up, all of you!! Love you all have a great week!!
Love, Elder Schenk

No comments:

Post a Comment